Nav

Image Map

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Liebster Award!

I am so very flattered to announce that I have been nominated by Katie from Living the First Grade Dream, Abbie from Steppin' Up to First Grade, and Melissa from See Bean Teach for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is an award for beginning bloggers who show great potential.


With the nomination, I need to answer the following 11 questions and then nominate 11 different blogs with less than 200 followers. So, here we go!

1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?

Well, I think I've technically had this blog since the beginning of my teaching career in August of 2013. But I blogged all of two times and had no idea what I was doing and it was generally a huge disaster. I decided to restart my blog over the summer because it's always something I've wanted to get into.

2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?

Candid. I'm a pretty candid individual - I don't really have many secrets and am pretty much open to talking about anything and everything. I hope to share different aspects of my teaching journey, both the good and the bad, while trying to focus on the positive!

3. Is there something you learned late in your blogging journey that you wish you had known before?

I still consider myself in the earlier stages of my blogging journey. I know I still have lots to learn!

4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging?

I love shopping, the Chicago Blackhawks, country music, watching Jeopardy, annoying my cats, and being around my family and friends.

5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?

Right now I just blog here and there, when I can. I'd say around 1-3, depending on the week. If I wasn't in grad school, things might be a little bit different.

6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?

It definitely depends on my mood! I love finding bright ideas from others but also really enjoy just hearing about what people are up to, both professionally and personally. I love it when I read a post that I can relate to!

7. Where does your blog inspiration come from?

All of the other amazing blogs I read! I think one of the first blogs I ever really got into was Cara Carroll's The First Grade Parade. Holy cow, girlfriend is amazing! After seeing her blog, this led me to search out other blogs to follow. I do follow many of the big names, but love finding smaller names (like me!) to follow as well.

8. Which post that you've written are you most proud of?

My very first post. And not because its content is incredible or anything like that. I'm just proud that I took this whole "blogging" hobby I've been wanting to try and finally ran with it!

9. Is there any post you've been planning to do but have been postponing?

Me? Procrastinating on something? But of course. I really want to do a big post on how I organize/differentiate my reader's workshop time. We'll see when I get around to it...

10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?

I love connecting with other bloggers. Not only do I learn a lot but it is also nice to know that when you've had the best day ever or one of the worst, there are others out there who understand!

11. Which recipe, project, or idea from my blog would you like to try yourself?

Katie - I am loving the new phonics books that you have in the works and am excited to see the finished product!
Abbie - Your class pumpkin patch is adorable! I will have to remember that next year when we start our pumpkin unit.
Melissa - I envy your commitment to staying healthy and planning out some nutritious meals during the school year! I think I may need to try this whole "meal planning" thing myself.

Now for my nominations!

Pili from Glitter and Gradebooks
Alex from The Kindergarten Connection
Gabrielle from Love and Teach On
Molly from One Sassy Sub
Erin from The Watering Hole
Jaime from A Spoonful of Learning
Michaela from K's Classroom Kreations
Megan from Books, Bows and Big Ideas
Alexis from Mrs. Hudgens Hears a Who
Lesley from Practice Makes Perfect
Kristen from Loving Teaching Inspiring

Now that you've been nominated here are the official "rules" for accepting:
1. In your post link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out".
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers each.  Provide them with 11 questions or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know they've been nominated and provide them with a link back to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so s/he can learn more about you as well.  (You can just put your post link in the comments below).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination, Paige! Here's a link to my post!

    Pili
    Glitter and Gradebooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige - thanks so much for the nomination!! You are so sweet. I was nominated and did my post awhile back for the Liebster award (maybe a month ago, not very long - I really want to find a button for the sidebar, I know they exist I just can't remember where!) :) But it was fun to read your post and learn more about you! You were one of the first people I connected with too in the blogging world and am excited to be blogging buddies with you :)

    ReplyDelete