Nav

Image Map

Friday, September 19, 2014

Five for Friday {September 19th}

I am thrilled to say that this week was our best week yet! Although far from flawless (seriously - any ingenious ideas for this ridiculously chatty class?), I could begin to see some progress in my firsties. Yay!

Now for a super quick Five for Friday before I head off to girls' night! Join the fun over at Doodle Bugs Teaching!

First off, I finally have a new blog look! And the best part is - I designed it and put it together by myself! Definitely not as pretty as those custom blogs out there but I am happy with how it turned out and it didn't cost me a penny! Much needed credit goes out to Wizard of Boz, Ashley Hughes, and KG Fonts for the elements used :)
This week, we started in on text-to-self connections. So far, we've read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, Ira Sleeps Over, When Sophie Gets Angry, David Gets in Trouble, and I Like Me! I decided to add images of the mentor texts used to teach the strategy to our anchor chart - hopefully this will jog some of the kid's memories if they aren't sure what it means to connect ourselves to the text!

Some love that got me through the week :)

A new tattoo idea I'm "trying out" (spoiler alert: it's just permanent marker right now!) My mom still "owes" me a tattoo for my college graduation present. We are going to get tattoos together in memory of my granny who lived with Alzheimer's for the remaining years of her life. I was never set on our original design idea but fell in love with this never-forgetting elephant. We'll see what we decide!

Last but most certainly not least, I have hit my first big milestone over at my TPT shop! In celebration, I am having a milestone sale - enjoy 15% off every single product in my store all weekend! Thank you for all your support!

2 comments:

  1. I clicked on your image (through the link up) because I loved the look of it. It looks great! And congrats on the TPT milestone!

    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love LOVE the never forgetting elephant tattoo idea! I am not usually a tattoo person, but alzheimers is a big cause for me too and I like how it is small yet meaningful!

    ReplyDelete