Nav

Image Map

Monday, August 11, 2014

'Twas the Night Before First Grade: Monday Made-It!

Back to School Countdown: It's practically here! Teacher inservice is today to kick off the year and the kiddos arrive tomorrow! All the emotions are happening right now.

I've got my first day of school shirt all ready to go. Our whole first grade team ordered these shirts so we will all be rocking them tomorrow. I'm finding myself attempting to follow the "keep calm" advice as I anxiously await 8:00 in the morning!


I believe it is time for some Monday Made-It with 4th Grade Frolics!




One of my must to-dos for this upcoming school year was to redo my word wall cards. The ones I used last year were so awful, I'm not even sure why I made them in the first place. We're talking bad font, bad paper, randomly colored - the obsessive woman inside of me could not handle those any more! This year, I decided to color-code by level (pre-primer, primer, first grade, etc.) and include a subtle chevron background that will look cute in any room! Grab my Dolch cards here at my TPT store!


I wish I remembered where I found this fabulous idea. If anyone knows who to credit for this, please let me know! These are for those kiddos who need that reminder to track their reading with their finger - or, in this case, a big ol' googly eye! We obviously won't use these all the time but I think they will work nicely for small groups and for those times when the kids need a little extra engagement-boost.


When I saw these adorable wooden forest creatures at the craft store, I knew I had to use them for something. Shout out to my amazing mother who suggested turning them into magnets! Since I moved my word wall to an actual wall rather than the back chalkboard, I've got plenty of room to hang anchor charts with my new forest cuties!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me about those pointers with googly eyes... I keep meaning to make them! See you around. Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make new cards for my word wall too but keep putting it off! Love those cute woodland magnets!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete