Nav

Image Map

Monday, August 11, 2014

Meet the Teacher!

WOW has it been a long day! Between the hours of meetings, lines for the copier, and nit-picky last-minute organization of classroom things I am exhausted - and I didn't even have any kids to teach! So, I'm linking up with Stephanie at Falling Into First because...
  1. I'm in need of a little relaxation/blogging fun.
  2. The theme of the linky is so fitting, seeing as tomorrow is my first day with my new students.
  3. Who doesn't love a good linky party?
So, without further ado...


I'm Paige. I am 23 years old and I live in Illinois. Originally from the Chicagoland area but am currently hanging out down in the central part because that is where I was offered a job doing what I love - teaching! This year will be my second year teaching and my second year in first grade.

I graduated just over a year ago from the University of Illinois (go Illini!) I don't think I would be the teacher I am today without my amazing cohort of education majors.


I'm not married (or anything remotely close to married) and I don't have any kids of my own. For now, my 25 first graders are enough to keep me plenty busy and give me enough loving. I do come home to two kitties, Whiskers McMittens and Jingles McFluffington.



These are a few of my favorite things...

Teaching, shopping, Target, coffee, sushi, pinterest, the Chicago Blackhawks :)

If you weren't a teacher, what would you want to be?

A wedding planner or a writer.

Three little words that describe you:

Ambitious, obsessive, and sassy!

Finish the sentence: "_________, said no teacher ever!"

"I'm basically just a babysitter!" said no teacher EVER!

It's your birthday and you can invite anyone {dead or alive} to the party. Who are you inviting?

Well obviously my friends and family would all be there. I'd probably invite the whole Chicago Blackhawks team and some of my favorite celebrities. And The Beatles would be performing. 

You get to pick one superpower. What is it?

Teleportation. I can be really impatient when I am trying to get somewhere!

What's your favorite quote or saying?

"Keep your face always towards the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you." -Walt Whitman

If you had to sing one song on American Idol, what would it be?

My go-to karaoke jam is "Piece of My Heart" by Janis Joplin.

Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Night owl for sure. It's going to be a struggle getting back into the morning routine!

What's your favorite resource that you've created in your TPT shop?

I recently completely revamped my genre study notebook into a whole packet of resources for a primary-level genre study and I love it! I am so excited to use it with my first graders this year. I also just finished a number bonds packet perfect for helping students with those part-part-whole relationships! Click the photos below to view!


Share something we might not know about you!

I'm terrified of ladybugs!

Now it's your turn to link up with Stephanie and all of the other fantastic teacher bloggers out there! Click below to join us!



4 comments:

  1. Nice to meet another Illinois blogger!! :)

    --Gina--
    A Chocoholic Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walt Whitman was one smart man, and Janis Joplin was an incredible talent! You have good taste!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree that being a wedding planner would be soooo much fun! Stressful, but fun! Best of luck on your first day tomorrow!

    Jamie
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your cats and their names! I currently have 3 cats! They have sweet names, but not nearly as inventive as yours I also totally agree with your quote! Have a great school year!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete