Nav

Image Map

Friday, August 1, 2014

Five for Friday - It's August!

August. Really? Already? Please tell me I'm not the only one ready to bust into full-on panic mode as I become increasingly excited/anxious for the new school year! Today I'm linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching. Get ready for a whole lot of random!



I am way super excited about my newest TPT product, Common Core Fun with Number Bonds. So excited that I've already printed it out and filed it for my firsties, even though we won't get to this content for a few weeks into the school year. Catch it on sale this upcoming Monday-Tuesday for TPT's Blast-Off Back to School event! My whole store will be 20% off for two days!


Today is my last day in my hometown until I head back south. I am excited to be going to a White Sox game with some of my friends in the city (#southsidepride, anyone?) Since I obviously do not have photos of something that is yet to happen, here's a picture of my dad and I at the Cell on Father's Day of this year :)


This year, I am making the switch from desks to tables. Although I am a bit wary of students not having their own designated space, I am looking forward to not having to open a child's desk to find frightening, mysterious substances growing inside. However, the kids still need a place to store their daily supplies, so I had to splurge on some Really Good Stuff caddies, right? Love those neon colors!


Although it's a bit of a throwback, it's too good not to revisit! Our principal is moving this year to the middle school this year. Therefore, the first grade teachers could not let him leave without reminding him how "fun" we can be! This was just one of the many pranks pulled during the last few weeks of school. Thankfully, he was a really good sport about all of it!


Last (but most certainly not least), this little baby has her first vet appointment all set up! Here's to a happy, healthy, and fixed kitten!

4 comments:

  1. I'm moving from tables to desks this year… I will be missing my tables immensely! Any tips for keeping them clean (or at least not growing mysterious substances?)

    -Jillian Starr
    The Starr Spangled Planner

    P.S. I LOVE Chicago and make sure to visit whenever I am in the midwest visiting family and friends! Have fun at the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jillian -

      Unfortunately I had to go "rogue teacher" a couple of times and sneak into the kids' desks when they were out of the room. You'll get to know quite quickly who likes to hoard and who likes to bring plants from outside and stuff them in their desks (or maybe that was just my class?) Good luck with your desks!

      Paige

      Delete
  2. Hi Paige! I LOVE your Number Bonds product!! I put it on my wishlist for the B2S sale!! :) Have a great weekend!

    Aynsley
    Mrs. Patton’s Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aynsley - so happy to hear that! Thank you for stopping by my blog :)

      Paige

      Delete