Nav

Image Map

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

First Day Classroom Reveal

The good news: My second first day of school went so much smoother than my first first day of school! I actually had a plan for the day that made sense and felt comfortable in my classroom interacting with the anxious first graders who greeted me this morning! And I only had two criers!

The bad news: I apparently forgot how incredibly exhausting the first day is, both mentally and physically. My legs feel like I just ran for miles and all I want to do is go to sleep. Luckily I know my body and mind just need to adjust to the first grade lifestyle.

It was crazy seeing my old students in their second grade classrooms this morning! They all look so much older and more mature. I think I stopped by and said hello to all of my students from last year. There's just something about my first class ever - they will always have such a special place in my heart!

Anyway, I attempted to take pictures of my room this morning before the kids arrived. So, here's what we've got going on so far:

The bulletin board outside the classroom, which reads "Let's get caught being respectful, responsible, safe, and our best!" Each student has a fish with his/her name on it.

My little corner library and adorable labels from Cara Carroll!

Students' tables and the view from the library corner.

My writing wall - so far I have my version of the "why writers write" anchor chart, basic punctuation posters, and posters describing nouns, verbs, and adjectives.

My currently half-bare math wall. Once we start in on our EnVision curriculum, it will hold different strategy posters and math vocabulary cards.

Classroom management/objectives board (I did a post on my management system here).

A terrible picture of our woodsy-themed word wall.

Mini-lesson/read aloud area.

Love my blends cards underneath the alphabet line! They are from Babbling Abby.

The glare is so terrible on this picture as well! The back chalkboard hosts my daily schedule and my specials schedule (on the acorns).

Can't take credit for this idea, but I put together a little surprise for my first grade team this morning. And can I just say we all looked awesome in our matching first grade shirts? :)


1 comment:

  1. Love the camping theme! Would be great up here in WI. It is great to blog hop and look at what everyone is doing to get ready for the new school year.

    Renee from The Science School Yard

    ReplyDelete